Friday, April 17, 2009

light a fire

I get a daily e-mail from someone named Barbara J. Feldman, who distributes, among other electronic educational material, "Light A Fire: Education Quote of the Day." I'm as likely to actually open these e-mails as I am to just send them to the trash folder, unviewed. Today, for some reason, I decided to see what nugget of wisdom ol' Babs had to share:

"We all need someone who inspires us to do better than we know how."
- anonymous

Isn't this the truth? It's a magnificent feeling of empowerment when we find that person who inspires us, but it's even more impactful when that person recognizes their role as S/he Who Inspires Others. I hope that I can be that inspirational someone to my students. Even to just one kid. That's what I really, really hope.

I know who my big inspirational someone is. I'm married to him. And I'm going to make sure he knows this, too--by telling him, not just by forcing him to read my blog.

Here's the link to those educational quotes, for anyone interested:

http://www.lightafire.net/

1 comment:

  1. Glad to learn you found inspiration in that quote. Thanks for blogging about Lightafire.net.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete